Why choose hardwood?
There's nothing quite as elegant as natural hardwood, whether you choose smooth or textured. It's also extremely versatile. Better yet, hardwood can last for decades, and it even has the potential to add value to your home with time.
Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular choices for homes. The rich look of hardwood floors can add warmth and charm to any room, and today’s hardwood comes in a range of varieties that includes traditional oak, maple, and ash as well as more exotic styles such as Ipe, Cumaru, and Tigerwood. We carry a huge selection of hardwood flooring with unique visual characteristics that will give your home a stylish, signature look you’ll love. We also offer a range of finishing and molding options.
TYPES OF HARDWOOD
The end results may look the same, but there are actually different types of hardwood that each have their own pros and cons.
- 100% hardwood milled from lumber
- ¾-inch thickness allows the floor to be sanded and refinished over several generations
- Expands and contracts, meaning installers need to leave a gap when installing
- Not recommended for installation below ground level or in bathrooms
- Produced with three to ten layers of wood
- Each layer is stacked in a cross grain configuration and bonded together under heat & pressure
- Less likely to be affected by changes in humidity
- Can be installed at all levels of the home
- Engineered construction with a longer, wider plank
- Allows the top layer to splice 2-3 rows of thin hardwood strips into one plank
- Can be glued down, stapled, or floated over a wide variety of subfloors
- Can be used almost anywhere in the home, including in dry basements